Meet a traditional Guatemalan design full of history.
For all those things worth carrying: like your favorite objects, personal accessories, or even your souvenirs! A classic design backpack that never goes out of style, perfect for work, school or traveling, practical and easy to carry.
Made from hand-dyed, handwoven wool weave treated to ensure durability. Made with a full-grain leather base, top handle, and soft adjustable shoulder straps. Cotton lining in the inside with a padded laptop compartment and ventilated padding for back support. High quality and innovation are values at the core of Achiote Guatemalan Goods.
Meet Zaculeu, one of the most traditional Guatemalan designs full of history. Pure natural gray and natural white sheep wool, with hand weaving that shapes Mayan pyramids and ethnic patterns.
Each weave is created by the talented hands of artisans from Momostenango, a small rural area in the mountains that preserves the ancient technique of “pepenado” in a pedal loom. The leatherwork is commissioned to a workshop run by women in San Pedro Sacatepequez, where craftsmanship is essential to the high-end quality of your bag.
Our purpose is to keep this beautiful art form alive, and provide a sustainable income for our amazing Guatemalan artisans!
- Dimensions: 12” width x 16” height x 4.5” depth
- Handwoven natural sheep wool
- Full-grain leather base, top handle, and adjustable straps
- Cotton lining inside
- Soft breathable mesh back and shoulder straps
- Inside padded laptop compartment
- 100% handmade with love in Guatemala
- Due to its handmade nature, variations in color and figure placement may occur