Backpack Agua: Wool & Leather 100% Handmade in Guatemala
For all those things worth carrying: like hopes, dreams and childhood memories. A classic design backpack that never goes out of style, perfect for work, school or traveling, practical and easy to carry.
Made from hand-dyed, handwoven wool weave treated to ensure durability. Made with a full-grain leather base, top handle, and soft adjustable shoulder straps. Cotton lining in the inside with a padded laptop compartment and ventilated padding for back support. High quality and innovation are values at the core of Achiote Guatemalan Goods.
Our Agua (Water) design depicts swirls of water that are the source of life. This beautiful design shows a deep navy blue background with white figures shaped like spirals, representing water swirls.
Each weave is created by the talented hands of artisans from Momostenango, a small rural area in the mountains that preserves the ancient technique of “pepenado” in a pedal loom. The leatherwork is commissioned to a workshop run by women in San Pedro Sacatepequez, where craftsmanship is essential to the high-end quality of your bag.
Our purpose is to keep this beautiful art form alive, and provide a sustainable income for our amazing Guatemalan artisans!
100% handmade in Guatemala from the spinning of the yarn to the confection of the bag.
- Dimensions: 12” Width x 16” Height x 4.5” Depth
- Hand-dyed, handwoven natural sheep wool
- Full-grain leather base, top handle, and adjustable straps
- Cotton lining inside
- Soft breathable mesh back and shoulder straps
- Inside padded laptop compartment
- 100% handmade with love in Guatemala
- Due to its handmade nature, variations in color and figure placement may occur